job post opportunity at Warehouse Associate
We are looking for a talented WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE to join our team specializing in LOGISTICS for our DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS SEGMENT in MIDDELBURG, GAUTENG, SOUTH AFRICA.A Warehouse Associate is a professional who is responsible for fulfilling the logistics behind receiving, processing and storing inventory according to purchase orders and store policy.
Primary Location South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg-South Africa, Middelburg, DBU Kilo Street
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Job Posting Jun 21, 2022, 2:35:06 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Req ID: 220004HQ
We are looking for a talented WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE to join our team specializing in LOGISTICS for our DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS SEGMENT in MIDDELBURG, GAUTENG, SOUTH AFRICA.
CUMMINS NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS
The purpose of this Notice for Job Applicants (“Notice”) is to inform individuals who inquire about and/or apply for employment with Cummins Inc., 500 Jackson Street Columbus, IN 47201 ( “Cummins” or “we” or “us”) of the categories of Personal Information (as defined below) that we collect from such individuals, the purposes for which we use such Personal Information, and our retention periods for such information. Cummins shall be the data controller for all the processing activities described in this Notice. Failure to provide the requested Personal Information during the recruitment process might result in Cummins not being able to assess your application and consider you for the position you are applying for.
In this role, the candidate will make an impact in the following ways:
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
- Follows all applicable standard work, work instruction/process documentation and established quality procedures.
- Receive incoming goods, accurately sort, label/package, store goods and arrange storage to optimize warehouse space.
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Operates manual and automated equipment to pick, pack and ship product per the customer expectations.
- Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need the following:
- Driver’s license ( Advantage)
- Senior Certificate
- Basic computer skills preferred
- 1 year warehouse experience (advantage)
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments
- Organize warehouse space
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Check, verify and fill customer invoices
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Keep warehouse clean and organised daily
Requirements and skills
- Proven warehouse experience
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Adequate knowledge of warehouse data system
- Team player with organisational skills
- Ability to lift or move heavy products
- High school diploma
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Cummins has been made aware that there are a number of scams that take advantage of job seekers in a variety of ways. Depending on the scam, scammers look to collect confidential information to use for identity theft or try to get money from job seekers during the recruitment process.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or wish to request this Notice in another format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.