Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank
In this articles you can Apply job at NMB Bank one positionSpecialist; Public Relations ,Nafasi za kazi NMB Bank Specialist; Public Relations.
NMB Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Tanzania, providing banking services to individuals, small to medium sized corporate clients, government services, large businesses and agriculture lending.
NMB Bank was established under the National Microfinance Bank Limited Incorporation Act of 1997, following the break-up of the old National Bank of Commerce, by an Act of Parliament. Three new entities were created at the time, namely: (a) NBC Holdings Limited (b) National Bank of Commerce (1997) Limited and (c) National Microfinance Bank Limited.
Initially NMB Bank could only provide payment services as well as offer savings accounts, with limited lending capabilities, before becoming a fully-fledged universal retail bank.
In 2005, the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania privatized the bank when it sold part of its shareholding (49%) to a consortium led by the Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. (‘Rabobank Group’).
Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank | Specialist; Public Relations
Jobs Opportunities At NMB Bank Main Responsibilities:
- Media Relations
- Drive content and messaging strategy to effectively and consistently correspond with all products and services campaigns. Manage and maintain PR asset schedules and ensure all press material deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain all talking points, communication guidelines and Tricky Question prep documents for spokespeople across the organization to correspond with brand guidelines
- Develop reporter briefing documents and speaking briefs for various NMB spokespeople.
- Support the identification, development, pitching and placement of NMB-related stories in top tier business, consumer and financial media, in print and broadcast outlets.
- Research, develop, and monitor editorial calendars for all relevant corporate rankings and work with appropriate teams to produce submissions.
- Develop, implements, and participates in community education and outreach events, and various conferences and workshops; represents the bank at public events.
- Attend meetings and conferences as a public relations representative for the bank; serves on committees, task forces, and civic groups to promote NMB’s programs, initiatives, and | accomplishments
- Correspond cross-functionally to maintain various NMB fact sheets and information.
- Support various communications initiatives and efforts including corporate awards and recognition, executive visibility and media relations
- Develop, manage and execute crisis communications plans
Planning and Reporting
- Prepare a PR plan for every campaign launch and share with respective teams e.g., Marketing & Communication teams before the launch of any product/services or sponsorship events.
- Monitor the public and medias opinion of NMB – provide daily PR media report i.e., scans and translation of the coverage (before 10am).
- Write and edit press releases, speeches, Q&A’s ensuring that they have product facts and approval from product owners. Ensure that all information to the media is pre-approved by the line manager.
- Booking for NMB media interviews, including preparation of interview talking points for both printed and electronic media
- Provide pictures and captions of all events to Content Manager after events.
- Review monthly media reports with other teams e.g., marketing and line manager.
- Analyze competitor’s PR activities vs NMB’s
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect the bank.
- Organize press conferences working hand in hand with Marketing Brand and Events team
- Plan for corporate media events like press launches, exhibitions, open days etc.
- Manage in-house media trainings and courses
- Monitor, direct and timely respond to incoming media inquiries.
- Monitor and track media coverage including competitor activities for corporate and issue- specific media as needed, as well as help track reactive and proactive interactions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project planning and management experience
- Ability to enable/execute deep media connection through high touch/visibility dynamic research methods
- Ability to brief, create and share dynamic information that bring life to key learning
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and Interpersonal skills
- Resilient with ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Journalism, Mass Communication or other related fields of studies.
- 1 year experience in PR or Mass Communications field