NACTE Admission Guide Book 2022
The Admission Guide Book is the official publication of the National Association of Colleges and Universities. The book contains admission requirements for the academic year from 2022 to 2023. The Admission Guide Book is an essential tool for students who are planning their college career. It includes information on admission requirements, financial aid, scholarships and other relevant topics that students should know before applying to colleges.
all applicants are required to send applications directly to individual institutions. Higher Learning Institutions (HLIs) will directly receive and process applications, select and admit students into their institutions through their Senates/Boards. There after, HLIs will announce the admitted students prior to the submission to TCU for validation.
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) is a corporate body established by the National Council for Technical Education Act, 1997 (Act No. 9 of 1997). The Act provides a legal framework for the Council to coordinate provision of technical education and training and establish an efficient national qualifications system that will ensure that products from technical institutions are of high quality and respond to changing needs as well as technological innovations in the world.
Technical education in this context is defined as “education and training undertaken by students to equip them to play roles requiring higher levels of skills, knowledge and understanding and in which they take responsibility for their areas of specialization”. NACTE is thus, a multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral body empowered to oversee and coordinate the provision of technical education and training in Tanzania.
The Scope of the Council
The scope of NACTE covers all tertiary education and training institutions, other than Universities and their affiliated colleges, delivering courses at technician, semi-professional and professional levels leading to awards of certificates, diplomas, degrees and other related awards.
The mandate of the National Council for Technical Education as derived from Cap. 129 is three fold and may be summarized as below:
Regulatory Function: to establish the regulatory framework for technical education and training, leading to quality assured qualifications;
Quality Assurance Function: to assist technical institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programmes meet labour market demand, by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
Advisory Function:to advise both Government and technical institutions on the strategic development of technical education and training can be made.
These three aspects are interrelated and together make up the core functions of NACTE; a process leading to quality assured qualifications in technical education and training in our country
NACTE Admission Guide Book 2022
DOWNLOAD NACTE Admission Guide Book HERE
NACTE admission Guide Book 2022/2023
The National Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training NACTE is interested to inform the public that Student Admission to Certificate Level and Diploma for all courses / programs offered by various Colleges is officially opened from May 24, 2022 to July 30, 2022 in the first phase.
All graduates of Secondary Education and Colleges qualified to join the course of certificates and Diploma, they are advised to make their application to focus on getting a chance to join their favorite courses / programs and meet the criteria / qualifications to join for the academic year 2022/2023. Applications to join various courses / programs should be sent directly at the respective colleges.
The Council also advises applicants, parents and guardians to ensure that apply to the Colleges listed in the Book of Admission Guide for the Academic Year 2022/2023
Admission Guide is attached in the PDF HERE
Entry Schemes into Degree Programmes
TCU recognizes four schemes for entry into degree programmes. These are as follows:
- The direct entry scheme for holders of Form Six Qualifications;
- The equivalent qualifications entry scheme for holders of Ordinary Diploma or Equivalent Qualifications; and
- Foundation Programme of the Open University of Tanzania entry scheme.
The admission procedure requires
- All applicants to lodge their applications directly through institutions and channel all
application queries to the respective institutions;
- Applicants to carefully read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements for programmes they anticipate to apply for, provided in this book and on the websites of individual institutions;
- Applicants to ensure they have adequate information for the programmes and institutions of their choice, taking into account competition, one’s passes and career aspirations;
- Applicants to ensure that their names and index numbers used during application for admission match with those used during previous examinations;
- All applicants holding foreign qualifications to have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admissions as follows:
- The National Examinations Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates of secondary education and teacher education; and
- The National Council for Technical Education in respect of NTA level 6 qualifications.
- Applicants to use the current Undergraduate Admission Guidebook available on TCU website: www.tcu.go.tz for appropriate and updated information on all approved programmes, their capacities and entry requirements;
- Students to make adequate arrangements to meet the cost related to the programme being applied for; and
- ONLY applicants who meet the minimum entry qualifications (as stated in Table 1 and 2) to apply for admission
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), 2022
P.O. Box 6562, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tel.: +255-22-2113694; Fax +255-22-2113692
Hotline Numbers: +255 765 027 990; +255 674 656 237; +255 683 921 928