Nafasi za Kazi PwC December 2022
Assurance private – Manager
Arusha time type Full time
Job Description & Summary
Bring your experiences. Grow your skills. Make your mark. Our community of solvers is ready to apply your expertise in new and unexpected ways. You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered and purpose-driven.
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a passionate community of solvers working together in unexpected ways to create solutions that untangle some of the world’s most complex problems. We combine perspectives and technologies to create new solutions, and help our clients build trust and make a lasting difference. We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with 327,000+ people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Advisory and Tax services.A career in the Assurance line of service will afford you the opportunity to provide a range of assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Tanzania invites applications from qualified candidates for the position below: –
Assurance private – Manager based in Arusha
Assurance private in the Arusha office is looking for a Manager with a strong auditing background. The ideal candidate will need to have experience with large and medium sized clients across various industries. As a Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive auditing and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop work plans and audit approach for engagements, including: scope; engagement flow; staffing and other resource requirements; deliverables (tailored to exceed client expectations) and engagement budget.
- Analyse information found during the fact-finding phase to develop frameworks and draw conclusions from fieldwork.
- Technical reviews on all assignments in order to ensure global methodologies are adhered to.
- Make decisions on priority of issues and associated risks identified during fieldwork, and articulate and support positions on key findings and recommendations within client work or other outputs/deliverables.
- Act as reviewer for achieving: a) Completeness and accuracy of work in relation to engagement objectives; b) Proper incorporation of technical input from specialists; c) Compliance with quality standards and risk management procedures.
- Conduct interviews with senior level client staff, identifying the root causes, risks or other insightful information related to client issues and/or areas for additional consideration.
- Make appropriate business recommendations based on knowledge of clients and their business needs.
- Review financial statements and ensure compliance with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards and other relevant legislation.
- Attend audit committee meetings, annual general meetings and any other meetings that the client requires attendance.
- Proactively provide junior staff with ongoing coaching and share knowledge with team members regarding best practice.
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members in terms of specific performance and development areas. Provide feedback during the appraisal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Relevant professional qualification (CPA/ACCA)
- At least 6 years of experience in the external audit field (experienced gained at a Big 4 firm is an added advantage)
Desirable skills and attributes
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- IFRS experience
- Display sound leadership skills
- Ability to market PwC services and to establish contacts in the marketplace
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Analytic and solution driven
If you are keen to grow your career your own way and to discover how a career with PwC will benefit you, find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.co.tz and apply online. Your career path will be unique, diverse, and exceptional as we give you the best opportunities to excel and shine.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
January 6, 2023