SAMIA Scholarship Online Application
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has established a Scholarship program called SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP. This funding is new in this country for undergraduate studies for students who achieved high success in the Sixth Form examinations in 2022 conducted by the Tanzania Examinations Council (NECTA) in Science Specializations (PCB, PCM, PGM, CBG, CBA, PMC, and CBN).
SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will cover one hundred percent (100%) of University tuition for those students who have received admission in the fields of Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine.
2.0 Eligibility for Mama Samia Scholarships
This scholarship will be awarded to Form Six graduates with the following qualifications:
- Be a Tanzanian;
- Have a high performance in the sixth form national exams in 2022 conducted by NECTA in science specialties;
- He/she has received admission in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Medicine programs at a University in this country recognized by the Government that is mentioned in the first group (Cluster 1) in the Higher Education Student Loans Board’s Loan Guide for the year 2022/2023 available through heslb.go,tz
- He has applied for funding correctly in the prescribed manner;
3.0 FUNDING AREAS
Funding will adhere to Higher Education Loans Board standards and guidelines to cover the following areas:
- Tuition Fee
- Food and accommodation allowance
- Books and Stationery Allowance
- Special Faculty Requirements
- Practical Training
- Assistive devices for students with special needs
- Health Insurance
4.0 TERM OF FUNDING
Sponsored Students will be covered between three (03) to five (05) years depending on the programs they were admitted to.
5.0 FUNDING APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Samia Scholarship applications will be submitted to the Higher Education Student Loans Board online at https://olas.heslb.go.tz for 14 days from September 28, 2022.
6.0 FUNDING OBLIGATIONS/TERMS
The student who will receive the SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will be responsible for complying with the following conditions:
- He should read, understand and sign the Scholarship Agreement between himself and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- He should have a bank account for the money to be paid directly.
- The Beneficiary will not be allowed to change the study program he received funding without a written approval letter from the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology;
- The beneficiary will not be entitled to postpone studies, except for health reasons, and confirmed by the relevant college;
- If the beneficiary cancels the scholarship opportunity before starting the studies, he/she must submit a written notification to:
Read also : Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha Ustawi Wa Jamii – ISW Entry Requirements 2023
- If the beneficiary’s grade point average drops below a 3.8 GPA during the academic year, funding will be terminated;
- The beneficiary should register in the Students Management System available through https://scholarships.moe.go.tz/
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- This funding is for one hundred percent whose limit will be based on the Higher Education Student Loans Board guidelines.
- The list of names of the relevant students is available through www.moe.go.tz and www.heslb.go.tz
- Passing marks: 3-5 (ME), 3-6 (KE), and 5-9 (with special needs)
Why you should apply for Mama Samia Scholarship program?
Mama Samia Scholarship is fully funded and it is completely free, moreover is non-refundable as you won’t be subjected to re-payment after you have completed your studies.