Cao online application
The higher education institutions in the Republic of Ireland have delegated to CAO the task of processing centrally applications to their first year undergraduate courses. The participating institutions retain the function of making decisions on admissions.
CAO is required to deal with applications in an efficient and fair manner. CAO is a not-for-profit company registered in Ireland.
The Central Applications Office processes applications for first time admission to Universities in KZN. Check our programme list to find out more about study opportunities at: Universities – University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), University of Zululand (UniZulu), Universities of Technology – DUT (Durban University of Technology), Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT), TVET Colleges (Technical and Vocational Education & Training) – Elangeni TVET College, Esayidi TVET College, Majuba TVET College, Thekwini TVET College, Umfolozi TVET College and Private Colleges – Berea Technical College, CTU Training Solutions, Central Technical College, ICESA Education, Institute for Quality Education, Training & Development, IStudent, MANCOSA, PAX College, Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology, Regent Business School, Rosebank College, Springfield FET College, The Business School at Varsity College. Apply for any of these online here, or download an application form. Check out ‘Don’t know what to study?’ if you need help in deciding on your career or subject choices.cao online application
APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY IN CAO
Before applying to CAO it is important that you note the following information:cao online application
You, the applicant, are responsible for ensuring that an application is submitted complete, correct and on time.
In any one year, you may not present more than one application.
You must examine the contents of this handbook carefully.
1.CAO and HEIs may assume that anyone who is able to quote
2.your CAO application number is authorised to make changes to your application or act on your behalf.
3.Certain minimum computing facilities are required for online applications (e.g. the latest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) and applicants are advised to use a personal computer when applying to CAO in order to reduce the potential for applicant error.cao online application
The following are the list of institutions that makes use of CAO for applications:
- AAA School of Advertising
- Berea College of Technology
- Berea Technical College
- CTU Training Solutions
- Central Technical College, CTC
- The Durban University of Technology, DUT
- Embury Institute for Higher Education
- Elangeni TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Institute for Quality Education, Training and Development
- The University of Kwazulu-Natal, UKZN
- Pax College
- Regent Business School, RBS
- Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology
- Rosebank College
- Southern Business School, SBS
- Springfield FET College
- Varsity College: Part-Time Division
- The University of Zululand, UNIZULU
- Management and Leadership Academy
- The Mangosuthu University of Technology, MUT
- Oval International College
- PC Training and Business College
- Pearson Institute of Higher Education
CAO APPLICATION INSTRUCTION
- In any one year, you may NOT present more than one application. If you think you may have already submitted an online application or you have already received a 2022 CAO application number, please proceed instead to the “My Application” facility. There will be no refunds given to applicants who make more than one application.
- The fee for an online application is currently €45.
There is an online discounted fee of €30 if you apply before 20th January (17:00).
For further information on fees and closing dates, please view the fees table.cao online application
- Applicants making an on-line application may pay the application fee using a Credit or Debit Card (Visa or MasterCard). Alternatively, applicants may pay the application fee in advance at a bank within the Republic of Ireland using an Application Fee Payment Form. If you have not received an Application Fee Payment Form, it may be obtained by contacting CAO.cao online application
- Applicants must not make more than one application (either on-line or paper). An extra €10 penalty charge will be levied if an applicant submits more than one application (either on-line or paper).
- Mature applicants (those 23 years of age on or before the 1st of January 2022) and applicants who have qualifications other than the 1985-2022 Irish Leaving Cert and/or 2002-2022 QQI FET/FETAC Level 5/6 must complete the relevant sections of the application form and post supporting documents to the CAO without delay. Please read here for further instructions.
N.B. All documents must be clearly marked with your name and CAO Application Number.cao online application
- Residence outside the EU (Past or Present): If you have at any time resided, or are at present resident, outside the EU, then you may be required to apply direct to some HEIs. It is important that such applicants read the appropriate section of the 2022 CAO Handbook.cao online application
Click on ‘Proceed with Application’ below to start your application.
Proceed with Application »
2022 Application Fees
Here are Steps How To Apply Cao
- Go to the CAO website – www.cao.ac.za
- Read How to use the programme list – www.cao.ac.za/Programmes.aspx?content=Programmes
- Refer to the summary of codes used
- Use the ‘Index’ to find which page the programme is on
- Click on ‘Apply’ on top
- Go to Apply Now – www.cao.ac.za/IDLookup.aspx
- Complete the application by filling all required details and following the prompts
- Print out the declaration and deposit slip
- Pay application fee
- Attach required documents and proof of payment to the form of declaration
- Post to CAO OR hand in at CAO offices
- Keep receipt and make a note of CAO number and password in order to track your application status later
How To Track Your Application
- Go to the CAO Website – www.cao.ac.za
- Click on My Application – www.cao.ac.za/MyApplicationLogin.aspx
- Fill in details and follow the prompts
- You should be able to view your status then
Terms and Conditions of Cao applicant
1. Definitions and Interpretation.
1.1. The following expressions have the following meanings:.
1.1.1. Administration Fee means such reasonable fees as CAO may specify from time to time for specified administration or account activity..
1.1.2. CAO Handbook means the current year’s handbook as updated and reissued by CAO in each year and/or otherwise published on the CAO website or mobile App.
1.1.3. Applicant means a person who has submitted an application.
1.1.4. Applicant Data means all data and information relating to an Applicant including their Personal Data.
1.1.5. Application means any submission for one or more programmes, made by an Applicant, through CAO to include the supporting information used by the institution/s to make the decision on their application..
1.1.6. Programme means an undergraduate programme of study offered to Applicants for recruitment through the application services provided by CAO.
1.1.7. Intellectual Property Rights means all patents, copyright and related rights, trademarks, trade, business and domain names, goodwill or actionable claims for passing off, designs, database rights, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world..cao online application
1.1.8. Personal Data shall have the same meaning as in the POPIA.
1.1.9. Supporting Documents means various documents required by individual institutions to make selection decisions.
(a) Current Grade 12’s: ID, Final Grade 11 Progress Report, (when applying), PLUS Grade 12 June and Grade 12 Trial Results as soon as they become available.
(b) Applicants who have already passed Grade 12 and have studied at another institution: ID, Full Academic Record
(c) If you have upgraded one or more of your subjects, send us a certified copy of your Combined Statement/Certificate of Results.cao online application
- Call Centre: 031 268 4444
- Share Call: 086 0860 CAO / 086 0860 226
- Fax Number: 086 622 8828
- If faxing from outside South Africa use +27 31 268 4422
- Gate 11, Central Services Complex – UKZN
- Mary Thiphe Street (Cato Manor Road)
- Cato Manor
- Private Bag X06