Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank
In this articles you can Apply job at NMB Bank one position Senior Manager Government Business,Nafasi ya kazi NMB Bank Senior Manager Government Business.
NMB Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Tanzania, providing banking services to individuals, small to medium sized corporate clients, government services, large businesses and agriculture lending.
NMB Bank was established under the National Microfinance Bank Limited Incorporation Act of 1997, following the break-up of the old National Bank of Commerce, by an Act of Parliament. Three new entities were created at the time, namely: (a) NBC Holdings Limited (b) National Bank of Commerce (1997) Limited and (c) National Microfinance Bank Limited.
Initially NMB Bank could only provide payment services as well as offer savings accounts, with limited lending capabilities, before becoming a fully-fledged universal retail bank.
In 2005, the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania privatized the bank when it sold part of its shareholding (49%) to a consortium led by the Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. (‘Rabobank Group’).
Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank | Senior Manager Government Business
Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank Main Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership to the team of HQ/Capital Office Relationship Managers dealing with Central Government Portfolio.
- Work closely with other departments e.g., Retail, Strategy, Institution Banking, Treasury, Trade Finance and other major areas of the bank to promote the sales and implementation of complex financial products and services as well as transactional & other solutions as well as providing link with available business opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of formal presentations and take lead in organizing business meetings/calls with Central Government entities.
- Actively support the head of department in drawing up business strategy in line with the bank’s strategy e.g., MTP
- Provide advice on long term government business retention plans for the Central Government.
- Take lead in marketing intelligence as well as advising the head of department/bank about various changes/initiatives that are being taken within the government and the kind of intervention to pursue.
- Provide professional advice to Central Government and other government stakeholders.
- Manage a portfolio of existing Government Banking relationships; providing consultative solutions of products and services to meet customer’s needs and enhance banking relationship.
- Hold periodical/annual Relationship Managers Performance review to ensure targets are met and determine where improvement is needed.
- Support unit’s growth and profitability through effective development of new businesses. Allocate at least 50 to 75 of time to effective calling activities on existing and potential customers and identify business needs and corresponding sales opportunities throughout the bank.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of Government transactions/projects, banking industry or sector trends.
- Demonstrated ability to link identified business opportunities with internal players (business units).
- Technical Assessing & analyzing client financial needs/conditions
- Behavioral Building Partnerships, Building a Successful Team, Communication, Formal Presentation, Leading through Vision & Values, Persuasiveness & Strong sales skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Banking, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant studies from a recognized higher learning institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Government/Institution or corporate relationship management role, with a good track record of sales to Government Entities/Corporate clients
- Proven capabilities in building and managing business relations; coaching and leading effective teams to achieve desired goals.
- Proven desire to engage and offer good experience to government customers and other stakeholders
- Experience in handling sensitive client’s portfolio
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
NMB Bank Plc.
Ohio Street/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 9213
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 232 2000
Write to us through our email address: email@example.com