Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank
In this articles you can Apply job at NMB Bank one position Senior Specialist; MI & Analytics,Nafasi za kazi NMB Bank Senior Specialist; MI & Analytics.
NMB Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Tanzania, providing banking services to individuals, small to medium sized corporate clients, government services, large businesses and agriculture lending.
NMB Bank was established under the National Microfinance Bank Limited Incorporation Act of 1997, following the break-up of the old National Bank of Commerce, by an Act of Parliament. Three new entities were created at the time, namely: (a) NBC Holdings Limited (b) National Bank of Commerce (1997) Limited and (c) National Microfinance Bank Limited.
Initially NMB Bank could only provide payment services as well as offer savings accounts, with limited lending capabilities, before becoming a fully-fledged universal retail bank.
In 2005, the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania privatized the bank when it sold part of its shareholding (49%) to a consortium led by the Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. (‘Rabobank Group’).
Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank | Senior Specialist; MI & Analytics
- To support the business and the Risk and Compliance team through
- Proactive Risk and Compliance monitoring and analysis.
- The delivery of timely and accurate risk and compliance, MI and reporting.
- The development and maintenance of reporting processes and systems.
Jobs Opportunities at NMB Bank Main Responsibilities:
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Validation of tools and systems as per the role of second line of defense requirements.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Manipulation of raw data from a variety of systems to format and produce regular and ad-hoc standard and non-standard reports to Risk and Compliance Management.
- Respond to MI-related queries, liaising with business functions as necessary to resolve.
- Proactively identify and recommend improvements to MI reports.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in Risk and Compliance.
- Work across business functions such as Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Forensic and Security and Compliance.
- Support in developing the Risk and Compliance strategy through provision of insightful strategic analysis on performance trends, co-ordination of periodic commentaries from function heads, economic analysis and such other relevant trend analysis.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within the department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Provide support/inputs on additional tasks that are warranted occasionally by Head; Credit Risk.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed personal organization, with the ability to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines.
- Experience in working in virtual / cross functional teams
- Experience in working independently & autonomously
- Passionate about data analysis and quality and how this contributes to Risk and Compliance management and its recognition in the business.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Analytical Ability – ability to process and analyze large volumes of complex data, using various standard and specialized software tools.
- Exceptional MS-Excel Skills are required to analyze, summarize and present data in an efficient and meaningful way.
- Risk Management Knowledge – understand the Enterprise risk framework and its impact on country regulatory environment.
- Team Working – Commitment and ability to work with and in cross-functional business units
- Communication – Effectively and concisely, communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision. Interface with various departments effectively to ensure delivery.
- Innovation – Create appealing and innovative solutions where there is a limitation of system / or resources (that may hamper the ability to have a task carried out in a limited time)
- Time Management – ability to manage priorities, multi-task and execute at speed individually and as a part of a team.
- Must be able to recognize, anticipate and create solutions to issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Understanding of the core retail and commercial banking product set.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related studies or its equivalent.
- Additional professional certification(s) will be considered as an added advantage.
- Banking Experience of more than 4 years; preferably in Risk management or Audit.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of risks, controls, risk management tools and methodologies.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
NMB Bank Plc.
Ohio Street/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 9213
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 232 2000
Write to us through our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org