M-Pesa charges in Tanzania,Makato Mapya ya M-Pesa,Makato Mapya ya M-Pesa 2022/2023,Makato mapya M-Pesa 2022 | Charges ,Ada mpya M Pesa Vodacom,Makato mapya M Pesa, Tozo mpya Mpesa 2022,Tozo za Simu M Pesa 2022,New M Pesa Tarrifs,M PESA Tanzania New Charges. If you’re searching for Tanzanian M-Pesa rates or M-Pesa tariffs, (M-Pesa: Makato Mapya Ya Kutuma Na Kutoa Pesa) You may use this guide to learn everything there is to know about M-Pesa fees in Tanzania. Scroll down to get the complete details.
M-Pesa charges in Tanzania 2023
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company. As of December 2020, Vodacom Tanzania had over 15.6 million customers and was the largest wireless telecommunications network in Tanzania.
Mpesa customers, sending Sh15,000 to an unregistered customer, deductions will be Sh970 from Sh360 while costing Sh2,820 to an unregistered customer from Sh2,210. To other networks, the amount will be paid Sh1,160 from the existing Sh550 and those transferred to their bank accounts will be deducted Sh1,810 instead of the existing Sh1,200. To pay that amount to an agent or ATM, they will be deducted Sh2,060 from Sh1,450.
How do I create an M-PESA account?
M-Pesa registration is automatic after you purchase and register a Vodacom line. Alternatively, if you’re an existing, unregistered client, you can finish the electronic registration process by visiting a Vodacom store with a valid Identity Document, such as a passport, voter ID, national ID (including a Zanzibar ID), or driving license. Once registered, you’ll be prompted to activate the M-Pesa account by switching the start key PIN from the one generated by the system to your own.
To make your account active:
- Dial *150*00# ok
- Select 1 Activate or 2 Wezesha
- Enter start key PIN
- Enter new PIN
- Re-enter new PIN
- Enter date of birth
You’ll receive an SMS confirmation once your account has been activated.
How to send money to M-Pesa in Tanzania
You can send a money transfer to M-Pesa using any device. The transfer can be paid for using a debit or credit card and the funds will usually be credited in within minutes. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go the calculator at the top of this page and make sure Tanzania is the chosen country
- You’ll be guided to the Tanzania home page.
- Click the ‘Mobile Money’ as the preferred service
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Log in or create an account if you haven’t already
- Select someone you’ve sent to before or add the details of a new recipient (we’ll need their mobile money account number)
- Pay online
- We’ll send you and your recipient SMS and email notifications when the funds have been credited
Why use M-Pesa to send money to Tanzania?
- Money is added within minutes to M-Pesa accounts once payment is approved.
- Your recipients don’t have to carry large amounts of cash with them, which can be unsafe.
- There’s no need for your recipient to travel to a pickup location, they will have the money delivered right to their phone. It couldn’t be easier!
If you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can always call Vodacom Customer Care, free from a Vodacom cellphone on 100 – or visit a Vodacom store in your area.