Nafasi za kazi at NIMR
Apply job at NIMR MWANZA, Nafasi ya kazi at NIMR MWANZA,job opportunity at NIMR MWANZA.
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
The National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) is a quasi-governmental organization established by Parliament Act No. 23 of 1979 (CAP 59, R.E. 2002) and began operating in 1980. The NIMR-Mwanza Research Center (MMRC) is one of the NIMR centers located in Mwanza. The center is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and non-communicable diseases as well as other diseases of public health importance.
NIMR is collaborating with the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom and the University of Cape Town in South Africa to conduct a randomized, controlled trial of two arms to test the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of ParentApp (an evidence-based parenting app for parents and caregivers of adolescents aged 10-18) on improving parenting, Reducing violence and evaluating processes and outcomes that address parenting skills that promote the holistic development of adolescents, particularly with respect to executive function and social integration using a learning-through-play approach. The study will take place in two regions – Mwanza and Shinyanga in Tanzania.
Nafasi za kazi at NIMR
JOB POSITION: Data Officer ( 1 post )
PROJECT TITLE: Parent App project.
REPORTING: Project Investigator.
Closing date for applications 4th May 2022
The Data Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day data management work on a project conducting a large randomised controlled trial of an open-source mobile application for parents and caregivers of teens aged 10 – 17. The post holder will be familiar with the implementation and evaluation of complex social interventions aiming to improve the lives of vulnerable families in Tanzania. This is an excellent opportunity to work on and contribute to be part of an international research team with wide policy and programming impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To manage mobile phones and services;
- To manage project data collection hardware;
- To train and provide ongoing technical support to fieldwork teams regarding technical needs and difficulties;
- To verify data and quality assurance;
- To develop data collection tools on ODK or other open access software;
- To safeguard data, storage and access processes:
- To build new quantitative datasets and managing existing ones, including complex data cleaning, variable matching and data merging;
- To provide ccompliance support;
- To aassist in the smooth running of communications regarding data management and technical matters between NIMR, Oxford, and UCT teams; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science computer Engineering or related field;·
- Demonstrable experience developing data collection tools to administer quantitative surveys on tablets (preference will be given to experience using open access software ODK);
- Relevant experience overseeing data storage and back-up processes for multiple large studies, including server maintenance;
- Experience in writing Data Management Plans in support of large projects and application for ethical approvals from universities research ethics committees;
- Relevant experience preparing longitudinal datasets for statistical packages (either SPSS or STATA);
- Excellent IT literacy, particularly Excel;
- Relevant experience in managing hardware for large fieldwork projects to facilitate efficient and effective fieldwork;
- Demonstrable interest in and experience in improving outcomes for vulnerable families in Sub-Saharan African communities;
- Strong communication skills and experience building collaborative relationships;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines; and
- Excellent intercultural communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre and regularly visits study sites in both Mwanza and Shinyanga Regions.
- A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Application letters should be written in English;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates including form four and six certificates;
- Application letters should be attached with detailed curriculum vitae; and
applications should be addressed to
visit here for more application details
FOR MORE JOBS APPLICATION CLICK HERE