Nafasi za kazi University of Dar es Salaam December 2022
The University of Dar es Salaam is a public university in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It was established in 1961 as an affiliate college of the University of London. The university became an affiliate of the University of East Africa in 1963, shortly after Tanzania gained its independence from the United Kingdom. In 1970, UEA split into three independent universities: Makerere University in Uganda, the University of Nairobi in Kenya, and the University of Dar es Salaam.
Nafasi za kazi University of Dar es Salaam
The University of Dar es Salaam invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill a vacant post of a Hotel Manager.
Job Title: Driver (2 posts)
A: Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Form IV certificate of Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili and English plus a Basic Driving Course certificate from VETA or other recognised College. Must have a valid Driving Licence in class E or C1 with at least one (1) year driving experience without causing accident. Possession of Trade Test II or CBET II from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive University vehicles for department/Unit safely;
- To maintain and keep up-to-date log-books;
- To ensure that valid documents are obtained prior to commencing any journey
- To ensure safety of passenger (s) during driving;
- To ensure safe-keeping and cleanliness of the vehicle and its tools;
- To keep motor vehicle in good running conditions and reports immediately faults and defects to Transport officer;
- To maintain disciplined behaviour, smartness and proper conduct in rendering services;
- To adhere to Vehicle Maintenance Schedules;
- To report promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicle;
- To perform messenger duties and responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents;
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Salary Scale: PGSS 2
TERMS OF SERVICE
One (1) year fixed contract
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV which includes names and addresses of three referees. ii. Certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts. iii. Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Valid Driving Licence in class E or C1
- Preferred mode of communication, e.g. telephone, email.
- Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA). ii. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age.
- Applicants must indicate their National Identification Numbers (NIDA Number).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will result in disqualification and legal action.
- Applicants retired or terminated from public service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Deadline for application is 15th December, 2022
NB: All applications must be sent through UDSM recruitment portal by using the following address: https://hrmis.udsm.ac.tz/hrportal/index.php/application_list and not otherwise