NMU Online Application 2023
Know all information about NMU Online Application ,NMU Online Application Opening Date, NMU Online Application Closing Date, NMU Online Application Requirements.
Do you wish to study at Nelson Mandela University? Are you currently trying to apply for admission at NMU online? Nicely then, you’re on the right web page.
we’ll discuss Nelson Mandela University admission requirements, NMU application 2023 opening date, NMU application 2023 closing date.
Nelson Mandela University
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) opened on 1 January 2005, the result of the merging of the PE Technikon the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE) and the Port Elizabeth campus of Vista University (Vista PE).
The PE Technikon has its roots in the country’s oldest art school, the PE Art School founded in 1882; the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), the country’s first dual-medium residential university, came into being on 31 January 1964; and the Port Elizabeth campus of Vista university, which opened up access to higher education for disadvantaged students.
The union of these institutions came about as a result of government’s countrywide restructuring of higher education – intended to deliver a more equitable and efficient system to meet the needs of South Africa, the continent and the world in the 21st century.
On 20 July 2017, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University was officially renamed Nelson Mandela University: the only higher education institution in the world to carry the name of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. The name change provided an opportunity for the institution to rebrand and position itself continentally and globally, while also allowing it to usher in a new era of renewed vigour towards meaningful transformation.
Nelson Mandela University is today a sought-after educational destination and the most diverse university in South Africa.
So, let’s jump right into the topic of the NMU Online Application 2023.
NMU Online Application 2023
The Admission Board of Nelson Mandela University has opened the NMU online application 2023 for study admission for the 2023 academic year.
Prospective applicants who want to get admission to study for diplomas, degrees, P.h.D, etc qualifications at Nelson Mandela University can apply now.
NMU Online Application 2023 Opening Date
The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) online application for 2023 will open from 3 May 2022. Prospective applicants wanting to apply can begin to apply from the application opening date.
Note: you cannot submit your application for admission at NMU before applications are opened.
NMU Online Application 2023 Closing Date
The Nelson Mandela University application for the 2023 academic year closes on 30 September 2022. Prospective applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible before the deadline.
Note: applicants cannot submit their applications to NMU application and admission board online after applications close.
Here are NMU Application Requirements For South African Citzens
Here are application requirements for South African citizens applying to Nelson Mandela University for study admission.
- Certified copy of final Grade 11 or Grade 12 exam results
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12
- Certified copy of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic records if you have studied elsewhere
- Certified copy of your Identification Document (ID) or birth
- certificate (if you’re still waiting for ID)
- Cell phone number
- Email address
Here are NMU Application Requirements For International Students
- Your home country passport number
- Copy of your school’s qualification
- A valid study Visa
- South African medical aid cover
- English proficiency
How to Apply NMU Online Application 2023
below are application process to apply successfully at NMU online to get admission to study at Nelson Mandela University.
- Go to https://applyonline.mandela.ac.za/
- Create your NMU student account and login
- Click on “Apply Online Now”
- Complete the application by providing all the required information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Pay your application fee (applicable to only international students)
- Click Submit
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Here are NMU Application Fees 2023
Prospective applicants who are South African citizens will not pay an application fee when applying for admission to study at Nelson Mandela University.
However, international applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of R500.
The application fee must be paid before you can complete the application.
Nelson Mandela University MNU Postal Address
- PO Box 77000
- Nelson Mandela University
- Gquberha, 6031
- South Africa
Nelson Mandela University NMU Contact Details
- Tel: +27 (0) 41 504 1111
- Email: [email protected]
Let us now look at some of the frequently asked questions about Nelson Mandela University application.
Is NMU Open For 2023 Applications?
Yes, applications at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) open from 3 May 2022 and close on 30 September 202. Prospective applicants can therefore commence their application process for study admission at NMU.
Does Nelson University Require Application Fee?
Yes, Nelson Mandela University requires applicants to pay an application fee. However, only international student applicants will pay an application fee.
This means, South African citizens do not pay an application fee when applying to NMU for study admission.
How Much Is an Application Fee At NMU?
Prospective applicants (international students applicants) applying to Nelson Mandela University will pay an application fee of R500.
Also, the application fee is non-refundable, meaning you’ll not get a refund if you’re not accepted to study at Nelson Mandela University.
Can I Apply Twice At NMU?
Yes, you can apply twice, or re-apply to Nelson Mandela University if your previous application was unsuccessful.
However, you can only reapply if the application is still open and not closed.
- +27 (0) 41 504 1111
- [email protected]
- PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University