Sector : Social Development
Job Summary – The painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers.
Duty & Responsibilities
- Performs skilled painting work in the preparation, patching, finishing, and maintaining of all building structures.
- Completes assigned painting projects with quality workmanship by preparing surfaces for painting.
- Restores painting work sites to their original condition at the completion of work
- Assists with documenting the cost of painting work by keeping accurate daily time sheets and work order records of time and materials to be charged to each job.
- Practices preventive maintenance of painting tools and equipment by performing spot checks of equipment to determine their working condition, oiling moving parts, cleaning and servicing tools.
- Provides technical assistance in the purchase of new or replacement painting and recommending the purchase of painting tools and equipment that meet the needs of the Academy’s paint work.
- Technician certificate in painting or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in painting
- Must have Certificate of Good Conduct
- Knowledge of all the applicable health and safety standards
- Good planning and organization
- Solid communication skills
- Good balance and physical strength
Salary and package to attract the best candidate
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 May 2022.
Note Application deadline for submitting is 31 may 2022
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay. The Aga Khan Academies foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy and civil society. Housed in spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students alike to grow both professionally and personally. The first Aga Khan Academy opened in Mombasa, Kenya in 2003, the second in Hyderabad, India, in 2011, and the third in Maputo, in 2013. Others are to be built in Africa, South and Central Asia and the Middle East