Project Officer :- Project Officer Job opportunity at Muhimbili National Hospital , Nafasi za kazi hospitali ya mwimbiri,Ajira kwenye hospitali ya mwimbiri.
Muhimbili National Hospital
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is 1500 bed capacity
Hospital located in Dar-es-Salaam-Tanzania. It is the apex
referral and National hospital for Tanzania and the only
Haemophilia Treatment centre for Tanzania which attends all
patients with haematological conditions including Haemophilia
and Sickle cell disease referred from all over the country. MNH
aims to achieve the highest standard of care for people living
with Haemophilia and other bleeding disorders in Tanzania.
In order to achieve this goal, the Hospital is looking for a
competent and experienced person.
Project Officer Job summary
1. The Project Officer will provide technical assistance
to ensure that MNH Project goals and objectives are
2. The Project Officer will assist with planning, coordination,
implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project,
acting as an administrative liaison with the external project
partner, NNHF, to ensure timely and quality achievements
of projects outputs, results and objectives.
3. Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans(AWPs)
and schedules for the project and its components for the
approval of the MNH.
4. Assists with the enforcement of the overall budget for the
project as well as for project components and conducts
budget reviews and analysis in conjunction with the MNH.
5. Assists the MNH with the development and
implementation of a framework for each health facility
to calculate their Level of Effort (LOE) contributed to the
6. Develops Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in keeping with
the MNH and NNHF procurement policy for the approval
7. Prepares regular reports to assist MNH to track the
progress of project components to ensure schedules and
deadlines are being met.
8. Performs any other related duties that may be assigned to
him/her from time to time.
PROJECT OFFICER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Academic Qualification: Degree in Project Management,
Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, Bachelor
of commerce, or a related field. Masters degree is an added
Experience Level: At least three (3) years’ experience
providing support to medium and large scale projects.
1. Dynamic professionalwithexperience in project planning,
coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to
2. Strong project management and reporting skills.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary
teams and stakeholder groups, nationally and regionally.
4. Knowledge and understanding of the Health Sector
5. Knowledge and understanding of the region and regional
organizations (including, NCD Alliance)
6. Knowledge and understanding of Performance
7. Good understanding of Results Based Management
8. Good working knowledge of internationally accepted
rules governing procurement of goods and services.
9. Proficient in the use of different project management
software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
10. A relevant Project Management qualification such as
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and
11. Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants must send application letter attached with certified
copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum
Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal
address, e-mail, and mobile numbers to either of the following
Muhimbili National Hospital,
P.O.Box 65000, Dar es salaam.
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadlines: 5th October, 2020